Generally speaking, there is maintenance you want to be done monthly and maintenance you want to be done annually.
Regular monthly services are important to keep your boat running as though you just purchased it. Taking the extra time monthly will save you a lot of work and expenses later.
Monthly servicing includes:
- Washing and waxing
- Interior cleaning
- Testing and cleaning the battery
- Conducting inspections of pumps, propeller, water strainers, etc.
- Checking fluid levels and topping them off.
Annual or Biannual servicing includes:
- Reapplying a gel coat
- Cabin sole refinishing and cleaning
- Tuning up
- Testing batteries and cables
- Changing transmission fluid
- Inspecting and greasing fittings
- Inspecting and servicing propeller
- Inspecting spark plugs, fuel vent, fuel tube
- Replacing or changing filters, belts, hoses, etc., as necessary
- Winterizing when the boating season is over.
There are also services you may need from time to time that are not necessarily needed on a regular basis, like mildew removal and carpet cleaning. Contact Swift Marine to discuss your boat and learn what an ideal maintenance schedule may be for you. We also offer yacht management to customize your boat’s servicing needs and to ensure you always get to enjoy the water whenever that may be.